Batting, bowling and fielding are the basic three things required for the game of cricket – the gentleman's game. Batting is done by the batters, bowling by the bowlers and fielding is done by the team. In this edition we would concentrate on cricket bowling tips.
Watching a fast bowler like ‘Carl Ambrose', ‘Wasim Akram', ‘Shoaib Akthar', and ‘Courtney Walsh' etc, few of the fierce fast bowlers, is actually a treat to the eyes, but a batsman's nightmare. In this game of cricket you can categorize the bowlers into mainly three types:
• Fast Bowlers
• Medium Fast bowlers.
• Spin Bowlers.
Though cricket has been mostly opined as a batsman's friendly game with almost all the advantages with them, but still the bowlers utilize all the bowling tricks to unsettle the batsman. It has been seen that most of the successful bowlers have a good athletic body, as they need to be pretty much flexible to bowl well for e.g. Glen McGrath, Imran Khan, Anil Kumble etc. Apart from this, you also need to have a natural flair to bowl. You can learn few things but some has to be gifted. Just like drawing, painting, dancing etc, can be learned but the one who excels has to be gifted with the flair of performing the same art. Same is the case with cricket. You can learn how to bat and bowl but you can never learn all!
Whether you are a fast bowler, spin bowler, or medium fast, you must have a complete knowledge on the cricket bowling tips. Let's discuss a few of them here:-
• Have a perfect grip on the ball while bowling. Holding the ball correctly is very important to emerge as a successful bowler.
• The grip used for spinners, fast bowlers and medium fast varies as the delivery speed with which the ball has to be thrown (bowled) is different.
• Always keep the seam of the ball in a vertical position.
• The ball has to be held with your middle and index finger, and the seam of the ball should lie in between these fingers.
• One has to be physically healthy and fit.